– To establish land use options to improve water use efficiency at different scales (households to regions), and to improve access to water for the poor and ensure sustainable food security for farmers in upstream areas.
– To provide solutions to help the poor in mountainous areas of Thai Nguyen get out of poverty and improve their standard of living.
– To strengthen the teaching staff’s research capacity at the University of Economics and Business Administration and local officials to gain access to major research cooperation projects with foreign countries.
– To strengthen the capacity of the teaching staff of the University of Economics and Business Administration;
– To provide basic materials for research and project implementation;
– To train collaborators from local to commune and district levels for rural development;
– To advise a number of cooperatives in the two typical districts on the accounting work and help carry out computerized accounting, thereby expanding the model to some cooperatives of neighboring districts; and
– To revise regional rural development documents for research and project implementation, as a theoretical basis for rural development, especially in the northern mountainous provinces of Vietnam.